Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 10, 2014

Elder Cook Visit

Hola Familia,

This was a very crazy week today. Crazy because there was a ton of big changes going on here. First off, I have a new companion. Well actually I have two new companions. They are Elder P and Elder T. They were actually in the same ward as me but they closed down their area because there weren't a lot of missionaries coming in. So they will be with me now. Elder P is from Mexico and he has 7 months in the mission and he will be the new zone leader with me. Elder T is from Utah and he is the one with the scholarship to play football at Stanford. He is starting his mission and has 4 months. I am really excited to work with them. We have the challenge of working in two areas right now. My area and the area of my companions. We are going to work in their area until new missionaries come into it. We have a lot of work to do here but I am actually really happy about it. Changes are always interesting because it is like a new start. I really needed that. A new start. So I am really excited to get things going with my new companions and I really feel like we can get things going. 

The other big news was that the apostle, Elder Cook, came and talked to us on Friday. It was really good. He gave a great message about the importance of love in the missionary work. It was a great reminder and he gave some great tips to help us love the work. It was a great message and a really powerful one too. The cool thing was that the meeting we had with Elder Cook was in the Tropicana, my old area in Alajuela. It was so cool going back to Alajuela because afterwards the members had a meeting with Elder Cook and I saw a ton of my converts and members of my old area. It was great seeing them and seeing that they are staying strong in the church. One of my converts is preparing to go on a mission, another is the 2nd counsler in the Elders quorum, and another a teacher in the primary. It was really cool to see. A lot of them want me to come back to visit them before I finish the mission. 

On Sunday, we had the baptism of K. It was great. He had been ready all week and it was a great baptism. All the members were happy to see K get baptized. He ran around the whole church telling everyone that he just got baptized. It was so funny and it was impossible to keep him contained. The best part is that K mom wants to get baptized but she can't attend church because of her work. We have a lot of work to get done with this family. So baptizing him really is going to help us get going. In the zone we really pushed ourselves. We hoped for 15 but fell a little short. We ended with 12. It was great because I learned a lot and have some great ideas for the zone. The only challenge is that the majority of the zone had changes. The zone has 19 missionaries now. 10 of them are Sisters and 9 are Elders. President has so many Sisters in his mission and so he decides to send them to Elder Keysor. It is going to be really interesting working with a ton of Sisters. I can't really push Sisters like I can with Elders. But it will be interesting. 

Well it sounds like everything is going well at home. Sounds like Kendal did a get job on her finals. Good Job. And Kylie finally gets a small break from soccer. It really sounds like things are going great. 

Well have a great week. I love you guys and have fun. 

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor

Baptism of K.