Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 10, 2014

Almost Christmas

Hola Familia,

This week was a lot better. A ton better. We started off this week great. My companion wanted to go on divisions to see how the other areas in the zone were doing. So he went all week on divisions and I worked in the area with different missionaries everyday. It seemed like it would be tough working alone but I told myself that I was tired of have bad weeks, so I pushed myself to really lift this area back up. So thats what I did. It all started on Monday. Monday we had the Christmas activity of the mission. It was good and then afterwards, I went on divisions with Elder B, my last companion. He is now in my zone and so we went on divisions. It was good because he helped me remember what we did in my last area that we aren't doing now. It was a great division and helped me start off the week strong. There was one thing that I realized I wasn't doing. I wasn't acting with love. I loved the people and I showed it but it was not being felt by them or me. I liked a quote that Dad sent me a long time ago, came to my mind. "If you want to be happy, make others happy" by David O McKay. That really stuck into my head and it is true. I made that my focus for this last week and it really changed things. It was amazing. 

This last week I had amazing experiences with some less active members. I just focused on trying to make them all happy. There is one less active that owns a mexican restuarant and he is from Mexico. So I usually stop by to get my mexican food. He makes great chorizo!! Yummm. But this week I focused on helping him and just talking to him. I actually didn't teach much just talked to him. Yesterday, I stopped by to see how he was doing and if there was anything I could do for him and he just asked me what time church starts on Sunday. I told him at 9 and invited him to come this Sunday and he said that is why he was asking because he wants to go to church. I was shocked. He has been inactive for years and just by talking to him, he wants to go back to church. Crazy. Another was a less active that first told us not to come back. She was asisting another church and doesn't want anything to do with us. But this week, I had the feeling of stopping by and wishing her a Merry Christmas. So I did it and we were outside her house just talking and joking around and at the end she asked for our phone number in case she needed something. It was amazing. We just went to make people happy and they really changed. It was absolutely amazing to see how something so simple can change someones life. 

Like I said that was my focus this week and it changed my whole week. I had an amazing week. Amazing. We have a lot of people progressing and we found a lot of new people and received a ton of references. Just by trying to make people happy. We have a family that we are teaching that has really changed in this last week. The man is a son of a member and he really doesn't want anything to do with the church and his girlfriend has problems with drugs and now she is pregnant. But this week we tried to help them and we actually gave them a blessings. By the end of the week, they had accepted a baptismal date and went to church early and participated in the classes. It was a huge change and now they are progressing a ton. 

Another cool experience is that we were walking and some little kids asked if I was a gringo. I said yes and they started asking me how to say things in english. They also started asking me if I knew Big Time Rush and One Direction. It was hilarious. They were crazy fans of them. They started singing the songs and asked us to translate. But the funniest thing is that they wouldn't let us leave until they sang us a song of One Direction. It was super funny. We left and they asked us to talk to One Direction so that they could come and do a concert in Costa Rica. I think there are crazier fans here than Kendal and Kylie. 

So these are just some of the experiences that happened this week. It was great. A great week. I could be here all day telling you about my week but we are going to talk on Wednesday!!! We are planning to skype around 8 in the morning. My comp after me. We are going to skype in the church. They gave us the keys to use the computers in the church. So a faster internet and less chaos behind me. I am really excited to talk to you guys. 

Yes I opened up my gifts. I opened them up today. I couldn't wait. I love everything. I already did the puzzle and the In n Out shirt is super cool. Plus the football is great. I am going to play a lot of football now. Today we also did a white elephant gift exchange in the zone. I sent photos of that. It was super fun. Everyone here is ready for Christmas and the Christmas Spirit is in the air. 

So I can't wait to see you guys on Wednesday morning. I love you guys and have a great week. FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor