Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 10, 2014

8 Baptisms

Hola Familia,

This week was a good week. It was good because it was Christmas. It was great to talk to you guys and it was a great way to start off the day. After talking to you guys, we went to drop off little gifts we made for all of the members and investigators. It was nice and the members really loved it. So that is how we spent Christmas. This Christmas was a lot easier than the last Christmas. I already knew what to expect so it really just felt like a normal day. But it was good to know that it was my last Christmas away from home. 

We really ended this week great. On Friday night my comp went on divisions with other missionaries to see how some investigators were doing. He went to visit a family of 7 that have been investigating to church for a long time. Well he called me around 8 at night and said that the family accepted to get baptized. They accepted to get baptized the next day!!! So we were really excited and he started to do the interviews but 5 minutes later he called me and said to come over really fast because the family wasn't married. We were shocked because we had thought they were married but the parents didn't want their kids knowing that they weren't married. In the interview the truth came out. So starting at 9 at night, we started calling all the lawyers that we knew and none of them answered. Then we called the assistants and when they heard that it was a family of 7 they stopped everything and started looking for other lawyers. At 9:30 we finally found a lawyer and we were up till 10:30 getting all the documents and all the paperwork ready for the marriage the next day. We woke up in the morning started looking for everything for the marriage and the baptism. We went on divisions again. I went to pick up baptismal clothes from other areas and my comp went to get all the paperwork done. The marriage was planned at 4 and the baptism right after. We also had another baptism in the zone at 3 so I went to the baptism to make sure everything went well there. At the baptism, 2 were supposed to get baptized but only 1 showed up. I asked the sisters what happened and they said that the lady that was supposed to get baptized didn't want to leave her house. So after the baptism, I went with the sisters to see what happened with this lady. We got there and she opened the door. I had a feeling that I should just talk to her so I went and did a small interview with her. I asked how she was doing and she told me that she was sad because she had the faith that she was going to get baptized today but because she didn't go, she had lost that opportunity. I told her that she could still get baptized today and she was shocked. I told her that there was another baptism at 5 and if she wanted to, she could get baptized. She was super happy and got herself ready to be baptized at 5. We then had to take her to the other baptism and just throw her into the agenda with the other family of 7. We ended up have 8 baptisms and it was crazy. It was a crazy day and it really was a great way to end this month. 

So that is how the week ended. Today we went with some members to a park to have a picnic. But when we got to the park it was closed and so we had to go to a church in our area and have our little picnic. It was good. I don't know what type of meat that was but it was super good. I think it was cow. I really don't ask. I just eat it. We ended up playing football, so that was a nice change from soccer. 

So that was really what has happened since I talked to you guys on Wednesday. Not much happened but it was a great week. We have a great week planned this week  too. A member invited us to eat on News Years Eve and we have a lot of visits lined up. It should be a great week. I love you guys and have a great week and a happy new year. FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!!!!

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor
Playing football at closed Park. 
Picnic lunch outside church. Not sure what the meat is?