Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Time

Hola Familia,

Things are going great this week. We are still struggling a little bit in our area. But I have a feeling that things will change here soon. We are really focused in on our purpose and everyday we are pushing to accomplish our goals. So things are going great and like I said, things will change here soon. 

This week was crazy because it was full of meetings and activities. We had the ward Christmas Party. We invited everyone to the Christmas Party. Everyone. It was crazy because we had more than 200 people there. The church was packed. It was amazing. The members were shocked and were joking around saying the missionaries can't invite people to activities because we invite everyone. We bearly had enough rice and beans and we actually ran out of cake. It was really funny. During the Christmas Party, the primary did a reinactment of the nativity. We ended up singing carols in the choir. Yep, I sang in the choir. It was a first. It was a fun Christmas Party. Everyone was happy and we ended up receiving a ton of references. It was a good day. 

We also had our monthly meeting with the President. All the zone leaders meet up to give a report of how the month went and our plans for the next month. We were one of the two zones that completed their goals for the last month. It was really cool. We have been working hard and it is good to see our hard work pay off. We also had to tell President our goals for the next months. President has changed things so we now have weekly goals instead of monthly goals. I like it a lot better. We had to put a goal of how many baptisms we were going to have every week and how many less active members we were going to bring to church every week. We put a goal of 5 baptisms every week and bring 30 less actives as a zone. Everyone one shocked. Even president was a little shocked. Because everyone else was saying 2 or 3 baptisms and about 4 less actives. I told him the we were going to do it. And this week we had 52 less actives in church and we are waiting to have 5 baptisms the following week. So that was really fun. President has a lot of cofidence in me. I was talking to him the other day and he really just thanked me for all the hard work that I have been doing. It is really cool to know that President trusts in me. It makes my job a lot easier because I know that president supports my decisions. Even if they are a little crazy. 

Today we had the mission Christmas lunch. It was really good we went to sing carols in an old persons home. It was a really special experience to help make the Christmases of these people special. It really made their day and mine. We had a great lunch and President gave a great Christmas message. He talked about the importance of remembering Christ in everything that we do. It was really good. So that is what we did for P-day today. 

I got my packages and I opened the one with the star on it. So don't worry about my packages. We are all getting ready for Christmas. We can Skype and it looks like we are going to do it Christmas morning. We just don't know at what time yet. It looks like things are good at home. That trip to Costa rica sounds fun. I miss you guys a lot and it is almost time to see you guys. It is amazing to see how fast the time goes. Have a great week and I love you guys a ton. 

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor

Ward Christmas Party 

Christmas Caroling at the Old Folks Home.
Christmas Packages
Moms tree she sent.
The Christmas Shirt Mom sent me - The Santa Look!