Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Happy 20th Birthday

Hola Familia,

Well this week was another crazy and busy one. It is still raining a ton. Everyday it pours. We are getting tired of the rain. We supposedly have another 2 months of this. 

The crazy thing was that we only had 2 baptisms as a zone going into this week. The President was really worried and kept asking us where are the baptisms. So it was a really stressful week. We ended up with 11 baptisms as a zone. We ended up having 9 baptisms this weekend. It was crazy. We didn't know where they all came from, but we were glad they came. So the zone ended the week being blessed. 

Well, I am now 20 years old. Crazy. I really don't feel any different. I feel the same. It was a really relaxed day. I really didn't do anything special. We went and visited all the baptisms that we had in the zone that day. So that was really fun. I always like seeing baptisms. I am always amazed to the see the spirit in the people after they get baptized. The missionaries here in the zone wished me happy birthday and some of the members too. So it was just a relaxed day and today for P-day I think we are going to go to Smashburger or Chili's to celebrate. 

We really liked the new cellphones that we had. The problem is that my companion ended up getting robbed while we were on divisions. So now we don't have a cellphone :(  So back to the boring old days. That is the bad news for this week. 

This week I had to give my first talk in sacrament meeting. It was my first time giving a talk in the mission. After 14 months, I finally have to give talk in sacrament. It was funny because they let me know late Saturday night and so I didn't have much time to prepare. I got there Sunday morning and the lights were out in the church. There were no lights and the microphone didn't work either. So I had to speak really loud. I think I did a good job. I talked about the love of God and our responsibility as members, who have already felt the love of God. I shared the scripture in John 5:5-7 and the importance of helping people get the waters of baptism. I think it went well. 

So that is pretty much a sum of what happened this week. Running around to get baptisms done. That is my week here as a zone leader. It is busy, but it is great when you can see the missionaries start to work effectively and see the results. It is tiring, but all worth it in the end. So I am really happy as always. 

I love you guys and I love all the birthday wishes. It really was a good birthday and I can't think of any other way to celebrate it.  A birthday full of baptisms. What great gifts!  I miss you guys and it sounds like everything is going well at home. Have a great week. Love you guys!!

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor

P.S. The members are offering us lunch and dinner every day. So now we have food every day and that makes us a lot more happier. :)
Cameron's new birthday tie - Chick-fil-a
My new neighborhood.