Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 12, 2013

7/22 - Running Around Like "Locos"


Hola familia,

This week was a really good week for us. Well, every week is a good week. But this week we have seen a lot of good things happen for us. We have been finding a lot of people and a lot of people have been finding us. We just walk in the streets and people start talking to us. It is crazy. But things have been really good for us. We have a lot of good people progressing and we are receiving a lot of help from the members. We are having so many things to do everyday, that we are running around like locos. This week we had to run to the hospital because a member asked us to give a blessing to a family member in the hospital. I am pretty sure we have given 12 blessings this week. It was crazy but it was nice because the members have seen how much we want to help them, that they have been helping us a lot too. So things are moving smoothly here.

This week has also been a very spiritually week too. I guess that is what happens when you are doing the Lord's work. Sunday, I had to do a baptismal interview for the other Elders here in this ward. It may have been one of the most powerful interviews that I have done on my mission. When I started talking with her, I felt the spirit super strong. My whole body was full and I was super happy. I can't remember what she said, but I couldn't deny the fact that I felt the spirit. She ended up telling me that she was fasting because she knew that this was a big decision and really wanted to change her life. She ended up getting baptized yesterday and she really had a glow about her after she left the water. It was a super spiritual baptism.

But I had another spiritual experience on Friday. On Friday the ward had a farewell activity for two sisters that are leaving this week to serve their missions in Argentina. But in the middle of the activity, they asked me to bear my testimony about the mission. I had no idea what I was going to say, but I went up there and just opened my mouth. I don't remember everything that I said, but I just remember being grateful that you guys helped me get here. I can't see myself doing anything else. I love the people here in Costa Rica. They are the greatest and I just want to help every single one of them. This experience is just like the scriptures say, don't worry about what to say, the spirit will talk for you (something like that). But it was really powerful and it was a super cool experience. That is pretty much the story for this week. I don't remember what really happened, but it was a great week.

I did have a Kendal moment this week. We were walking to church and my comp stepped on a slab of wood. When he stepped on one side the other side shot up and tripped me. I fell straight to the ground. It was seriously like something from Looney Tunes. So I scraped myself up a little bit.  Also my comp had a huge pimple on his arm and everyone told him it was a worm in his skin, so a member tried to pop it and get the worm out. But it turned out that it was just a really big pimple. 

It sounds like YW camp was fun. If there is a lazy boy, it isn't camping. But it sounded like fun. Kylie needs to go easy on the other teams. She is going to kill the competition. It sounds like everyone is doing great. Have a great week and a fun summer vacation. I love you guys and miss you guys a ton. I am so glad that I am here and I really don't want to leave.

I love Costa Rica!!

Pura Vida!!
Elder Keysor