Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Elder Keysor is Elder Cage in Costa Rica


Hola familia,

This week has been crazy. Why? Because I had changes. My time is up in Heredia and now I am in La Tropicana. I found out that I had changes Wednesday morning. I was able to say goodbye to the members and finish up my work there. Thurdsay morning I was on a bus to my new area. I wasn't surprised about the change, but it is always sad leaving an area. God has other plans for me and I am really loving my new area.

My new area is La Tropicana. It is in Alajuela. Yep, I am back in Alajuela. I am 30 min by bus from my area in Heredia and 15 min by bus from my first area. So I really haven't seen much of Costa Rica still. I have been in the same bubble for all of my mission. My area isn't new to me at all. But the area is great and there are a lot of people willing to accept our message. It is crazy because we knock a door here and pretty much everyone lets us enter. It is super cool. My new comp is great. His name is Elder B from Colombia. He is super cool. He is 23 yrs old and has 4 months in the mission. He is a great guy and loves working hard. We have been working hard and have see a lot of miracles in the 4 days that we have had together. I am super excited to see what God has in store for us. The only bad thing about this area is the house. It is gross and is always full of cockroaches. And there wasn't hot water. There was just a tube sticking out of the wall for a shower. It is ice cold water. It was miserable to shower. We changed that today because we bought a ducha. It makes the water hot. So now we have hot water. We are also finding ways to make the house a little bit better. Besides that the area is great and the members are great too.

They are already calling me Elder Cage. They think that I look like Nicholas Cage and are already taking pictures with me. It is like paparazzi. Crazy Ticos. It is pretty funny and I am used to it now. There was a line of people wanting to take a picture with me after church on Sunday. My first Sunday in church and they already figured out that I am Nicholas Cage. Super funny.

Well that is the news here. It sounds like things went well in Mexico. You guys realy weren't in Mexico though. Especially if you were in a resort. It looked like it was fun. The coke is the same here. There isn't diet coke just light coke and everyone thinks you are weird for drinking it. So nobody drinks it. I can't believe you didn't speak spanish there. And Dad and his Portuguesse. That would have been funny to see. We will have to go when I get back.

I love you guys a ton and miss you guys a ton. I finished the Book of Mormon again.  Every time I read it I feel grateful to be raised in this church. I love this mission and I have learned a lot and have met a lot of people. But the most important thing is that I feel closer to our Heavenly Father. I am super grateful that I decided to serve a mission. It has been the best decision of my life. I love you guys and miss you guys a ton. Have a great week and don't do anything stupid. nos vemos

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor
My new place and New Comp


Elder Cage photo sections after church.  :)