Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Good to see you...


Hola familia,

It was great talking to you guys last night. It is always nice to see the family. It sounds like everyone is doing great. I miss you guys a lot and getting your messages are always a so much fun. 

The bad news is that I have no way to send you guys photos today. :(  I left the usb thing at home so I can't send anything. I will send some next week for sure. This morning we went to visit the white house here in Costa Rica. They actually call it the yellow house. But the funny thing is that it isn't yellow or white. It is black. We got a special tour that lasted 5 min because the presidents house only has 4 rooms. The building is smaller than our church building at home. It has 4 rooms or offices. One for the president and 2 for her vice presidents. Then one extra for visitors. The biggest thing in the building was the fountain in the entrance. So we got a short tour but we didn't get to meet the president because she wasn't there. She doesn't go to work until 2 in the afternoon. So we just got a tour. I took some pics so I will send them next week.

My area is up the mountain. Barva is the biggest part. If the catholic church is on your right and the park is on the left, just keep going straight ahead and that is my area. My area consists of Santa Lucia, Barva, San Roque, San Pedro, San Jose de la Montaña, Puente Salas, all the way up to Birri. So it is pretty big. It is a good area. It has a lot of potential, we just need to find it. We came into this area starting with nothing, and we are slowly starting it up. So it is a work in progress. We are in the process of trying to find new people. We are trying to be creative and think outside of the box. 

My comp is great. We work well together because we both get it. We both trained and both were district leaders. So we understand how the mission works. It is just that this area is different from our past areas. We are in the city so the people are different. They aren't like the people in the fields. But we are working hard and always joking around. We put a ton of scriptures/quotes on our walls to make us feel smarter. We figured that if we made ourselves feel smarter, we would work smarter. And it has worked for us. We have had a lot of good days. We got the idea from the movie "A Beautiful Mind". He was smart and had everything on the walls. So we thought it would work for us. :)  The Zone leaders are great. They are super cool and we are always joking around with them. So our house is a lot of fun. It makes this area really cool. They both have a lot of time on the mission. One has 22 months and the other has 18 months. So they know what they are doing.  

Well that is the update from yesterday. I haven't gotten my packages yet. I may get them later today. But I will let you know when I get them. I love you guys. Thank you for all the great letters. I love reading them every week. I miss you guys. Well next week, I will have pics and more things to write about. Pura Vida

Elder Keysor