Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It is really HOT here! 3-20-13

Hola familia,

How is everything going? I totally forgot that it was St Patricks Day. They don't celebrate it here so I didn´t even think about it. But this week has been super super super super super hot. Everyday is getting worse and worse. The worse part is that everyone keeps telling me that it is going to get worse next week. I am not ready for this. I seriously can feel the pounds falling off me each day. It is so hot. Last night was mutual, and yes we still play soccer. It is fun. The members love playing with us and every once in a while they bring friends that we can teach. Yesterday was one of those days when we received references from playing soccer. But it was so hot last night that my clothes were stuck to my skin afterwards. I believe that I would rather be in Arizona. Arizona seems so cold in comparison to here. 

Well yeah it is hot but this week was great for us. We had the confirmation of N on Sunday. After she was confirmed a member of the church and received the Holy Ghost, she started to cry. It was so powerful that she didn't stop smiling the whole 3 hours of church. It was super cool to see the spirit acting in her. We also have been working a lot with her daughter. Her daughter came to her baptism and also felt the spirit super strong. So this week we went to visit her. She had a lot of questions but all her questions were ways to change the topic. She drinks a lot of coffee and she said not being able too was a dumb commandment. So I asked her "Do you believe in the 10 commandments?" she said yes and then I asked why and she said because Moses received revelation from God. Then I justified that Joseph Smith was a prophet just like Moses and she was speechless. Things started to click for her. We left her with the challenge to read and pray. We also invited her to be baptized and she said no but it was only out of fear. She knows she needs to get baptized. So we are working with her on that. That was a super powerful lesson that we had this week. 

This week we were walking and I had the feeling that we shoud visit some investigators. These investigators, J and K, are not married and have a daughter. J is 26 yrs old and K is 17. They wanted to get baptized but have to wait till K is 18 because the parents won't sign the papers for the marriage. So we went to vist and K was there crying. She had told us that J and her were not getting along and they are now separated.  It was a good thing that we went to visit her because we were able to help her during this rough time. We went to go visit her the next day at the house of her parents. She moved back with her parents and was a ton happier. She had all these new goals. Study, get a job and get baptized. When she said that, we invited her to get baptized and she said yes. So we are planning a baptism for the end of this month. She is so happy now and things are really going well with her.

So this week has been great. These are just some small examples of what is going on with us. We also went to the temple today. The temple is so much fun. I always feel so calm and peaceful after going through the temple. So that was a fun experience today.

I miss you guys a lot. I am jealous that you guys get to go to Some Burros. I have been craving it this week. Kendal should try out track and cross country and also do chorus. She likes to sing. Why not? But she should really think about it. She will be fine in high school. She is a big girl now mom. Dont worry about her. I watched her I am a mormon video. You don't have to worry about her. She has good standards and knows what is right. She is a great young women and a great daughter of our Heavenly Father. 

Kylie on the other hand is crazy. Just kidding. But really stop taking weird pictures with bunnies in Safeway. :) But I loved the picture. Work hard in school kylie and watch out. I am going to come back and be better than you in soccer. So you better start practicing. 

My bishop here told me that the world baseball classic was in San Francisco. I hope you guys went to it. That's super cool. Also this friday, Costa Rica is playing the USA in soccer. You guys should watch it. Everyone is talking smack here and we can't even watch the game. 

I love you guys a ton and miss you guys. Be safe and don't do anything dumb. Thank you for everything you have done for me. Love you guys. 

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor


Baptism of N.

N and her sister and daughter.

Ran into my MTC comp at Temple.