Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Get the umbrellas out

Hola Familia,

Well to start off, the winter season is starting here. Which means rain, a ton of rain. I had to buy another umbrella because they just get destroyed here. We walked in knee deep rain today. I felt like I was swimming but it was so much fun. Until we got out of the water and were completely soaked. So the rain is coming and it is coming hard. We have been splashed by cars driving by us. It is super fun. It just makes us laugh.

This week was an interesting week. It wasn't as good as last week but it was really good. Not every week is going to be perfect, we just have to keep moving forward. This week was super powerful because of a new investigator we have. Her name is M. She is 19 years old and is the ex-girlfriend of a guy that just left on his mission. She really likes the atmosphere in the church but is fascinated with the temples. She came to church last week and said she would like to know more. She has already read half of the Book of Mormon. So she is super prepared. We went and taught her this week and it was very powerful. We watched a movie about the temples and asked her if she would like to enter the temple. She said yes and we said she needs to get baptized to enter the temple. 

We invited her to be baptized and she said yes but didn't know when because of her parents. This part was crazy. Her parents are super catholic and when they heard that she was listening to the missionaries, they started crying. Crying because they felt like their daughter is betraying them. She wants to do what is right and she wants to find God but she doesn't want to go against her parents. Her parents have never been emotional and now they are crying and trying to find ways to get their daughter back. 

M was crying when she told us this and it was crazy because I thought of you, Mom. When she was telling us this, I could picture Mom in her shoes. I heard this same thing happened to mom when she made the decision to baptized. It was super powerful because I was able to tell her that everything was going to be alright. I felt the spirit super strong when I told her about mom's experience with making this decision. It was crazy because I was crying with her because I knew that it would be alright that she could be baptized and that it would be a blessing for her in her life and the lives of her parents. She just needs to put her trust in the Lord. Well we had this lesson and she agreed to pray to know what to do. 

But the best part of this story happens on Sunday. Yesterday at church, she showed up alone with the biggest smile of her face. She was glowing and after church she came up to us and said that she wants to get baptized May 19th. It was crazy. So now we have our first baptism planned in this new area. She understands that from this time forward, it won't be easy. It will just get harder. So I was wondering if Mom could right her testimony and some advice or something. I will translate it and give it to her. I feel like it would be good for her to get support from someone who went through the same things. Thanks Mom. 

So that is about all that happened this week, rain and M. But it was a great week. My comp and I are great. We talk to much english but the problem is that in this area, everyone speaks English. I have had a ton of lessons in English. It is crazy. Here everyone works in call centers and businesses where english is necessary. So that is hard. Plus we live 4 gringos in an apartment. We have beds now and everything. So don't worry mom. 

Oh yeah, I used a machete this week :). We went and did service for a member and went to clean up their yard. So I got to use a lawn mower and a machete to clean the hedges. It was so much fun. When I get back, I will do the same at home. It is a lot of fun. But the family was so happy that on Sunday, the husband was crying and hugging us. He didn't know we did it. He came home from work and we had cleaned up the whole house. So that was super fun. I love helping the people here in anyway I can. 

Today is 8 months in the mission. I have learned a lot. I have learned things spiritually and I have also learned a language. But I think the biggest thing, is that I have gained an eternal perspective of things. Looking back, I didn't think about things eternally. And I hope from now on, I will think about things more. I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do in life and I really don't know. I don't know if I want to study sports medicine anymore. I am really confused. But I have time to figure that out later. The biggest thing I have learned so far, is eternal perspective. 

Sounds like the fam is doing great. Kendal still being Kendal. Keep studying hard and staying away from boys. Kylie es loca. That was some crazy hair. Mom, I love you and thank you for always worrying about me. Dad, it is hard to work out in the mornings here. But I need to do it. We are in this together. Love all you guys and miss you guys. I will also try to send photos. Nos Vemos

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor

Also I saw that Bryce Harper has weird hair again. There was a guy watching baseball the other day. And the Jonas Brothers are back. What is going on in the world?


You can see at ton of Costa Rica because we are in the mountains. You can even see San Jose.
They have weird masks all over this area. 
They are famous for having crazy mask parties here.
This are my comps. Elder A in the middle and Elder C.
Elder A left for Mexico this week so it is just the two gringos.
 We were doing yoga last week with our ward mission leader. It hurt. 
 View from the top of the mountain.
Sunset last night. Super beautiful. 
A fruit here. They call it Mucos which means "boogers" in english.
It is super slimy and sweet.  I'm sorry I ate boogers :)