Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 11, 2013

Watch Out For Public Telephones


Hola Familia,

This week started a little rough but ended up being great. I started this week off bad because I was walking, and I don't know what I was doing, but I was walking and not paying attention and ran into a public telephone. It hurt so bad. My comp thought it was so funny. Everyone was looking at me like I was a dumb gringo. It was funny, but hurt really bad. I have a huge bruise on my thigh from the public telephone. So that is how I started off my week.

The week ended up great. It ended great because we had the baptism of N--, the reference we received from Salt Lake. It was crazy because during the week she was like a little kid at Christmas. She told the whole world that she was getting baptized. It was great. She really had changed a lot from when we started teaching her. Before she was really serious but now she is always happy and smiling. It is cool to see how the gospel can bring so much happiness in people's lives. The baptism was great.  N-- had asked me if I could baptize her. I said "yes". Her baptism was the first that we have had on a Sunday. It is something new that we are trying here. We do the baptism one Sunday and the next week the confirmation. It was great because after church everyone stays a little longer to support the new members. So the baptism was full. The most we have had at a baptism. N--´s daughter and her sister that is in Costa Rica showed up to support her. It was a great experience. 

When we entered the water, it was super freezing. But afterwards, N-- told me that she felt like she was walking in the sun, she felt so warm, and she never stopped smiling. For me, everytime I get to see someone baptized or have the honor of baptizing them, I feel so happy and full of joy to be part of this amazing experince for them. It was a great experience. I will send pics when I can. This computer doesn´t have usb slots.

After the baptism we went home and received a phone call from N--´s sister in Utah. She had been crying tears of joy and wanted to thank us for what we did. When she said this, I told her that we did nothing. It was Heavenly Father and them. They were the ones that shared the gospel and planted the seed. We just watered it and helped to recognize that it was a good seed. What we did was nothing compared to what they did. If they never shared the gospel, she wouldn't have gotten baptized this week. After I said this, she cried and was grateful that two great missionaries were able to help her sister. It was a really neat experience to talk to them and to see the baptism from another perspective. They said that they were going to send my comp and I packages to say thanks for what we did as well as send their address in Utah so I can visit them after my mission. This day was a really cool day.

So that is really our week. District leader is tough but it is great. I am learning a ton and everyday I learn something new. Spanish is really fun now. I am learning a lot of new and cool words. 

That is cool to hear what happened to M--. That is a great experience and he is really lucky to have experienced that. Thanks for sending my email address to them. It would be cool to hear how things are going with them and keep in touch. Rachel is going to love Spain. That is really cool. Someone was showing me pics of Spain and it looks really pretty. Super cool. I also saw pics of New Zealand and Matt is really lucky too. Super pretty there too.

The girls are lucky to get half days. Keep working hard in school. Kendal learn to love Spanish because I want to be able to speak Spanish with you when I get back. Kylie get better soon so you can get back to school too. Yes, I saw a poster for the new OZ movie. I will have to see it when I get back. Dan is really nice to give you guys free popcorn at the movies.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! Sorry I didn´t say anything last week. I didn´t forget. I love you and it is sad that I couldn´t be there, but know that I was celebrating it here in Costa Rica. Thank you so much for what you have done for me and your great example. And thank you so much for raising me up in this gospel. Thank you so much for everything.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! I am going to say it a little early. But thanks for helping me on my mission and sending me ideas. I really do look at them and think about them a lot. I know I struggled with you guys to go on a mission rather than wait. But thank you for pushing me.  I now realize that you just wanted to help me make the greatest decision of my life. Thank you so much and have a great birthday!!

Well that's all folks. I love you guys and miss you a ton. Have a great week!!

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor

PS -  also p-day is not Monday next week because we are going to the temple. I think it is on Wednesday. So you won't get a letter next week on Monday. But don't worry, I will send a letter just later in the week.