Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Prayer and Faith


Hola familia,

Well things are going great and moving extremly fast. District Leader job is really draining. I am completely exhausted. It is crazy, every night I crash. I am so tired that I have begun talking in my sleep again, but in Spanish. My comp says that I am doing my District Leader job in my sleep. Yeah, I am that dedicated to the work that I never stop :-). But it really has been great for me. I actually love it. I have learned a ton because I have to really know my district and think of ways to help them. I had my first district meeting last week. The Zone Leaders showed up. I talked about the importance of inviting people to get baptized. I guess it was a pretty good lesson because afterwards, the Zone Leaders said that it was great. And that night they called me again to tell me that they applied it and it worked. Then today we had an activity as a zone and everyone told me great job in my district meeting. So I guess word has spread about my lesson. What is tough is that everyone is going to be expecting something good every week. So I guess I need to study more and pray more.

This week was cool. It was a great week for me. Our numbers weren't that great but I learned something good this week. This week it was a testimony that God answers our prayers. It started early in the week. I prayed that we would have a fun day and something fun would happen to us. Well, this day when we boarded the bus my comp ripped his pants. It was funny because we left our area for a meeting so he had to wait 4 hours to change his pants. He says that it is my fault because I prayed for something fun. But this Saturday was also another testimony builder. 

We have been working hard to find new people and nothing really has been working. So we decided that we were going to go to an area and knock every door. So that is what we did. the first house we knocked, we explained that we were missionaries and he said to "enter" without hesitation. We entered and taught him about the restoration. Afterwards I asked him what he thought and he said that he thought it was true and that it all made sense to him. So that was really cool. Out of the15 houses we knocked, we found 4 people that we could teach. But what was crazy was as we were walking this guy came up to us and asked "Are you guys preaching?" we said yes. Then he replied "What is your message centered on?" so we explained our message and then he asked for a pamphlet and then said that he would read it and then come to church. He also said we could pass by whenever. Then he left. It was really weird because this guy really contacted us.

Another experience was that we went to visit our investigator who was going to get baptized. We wanted to change her date to next week because we didnt want to rush the baptism and so we felt it was better to have it next week. We didnt know how best to explain this to her, so we prayed. Well,  we got to the house and sat down. and with in 5 seconds she said, "Elders I want to get baptized, but not this weekend. I want to get baptized next week" it was crazy, we didn't know what to say but it didn't matter God gave her the answer we wanted to hear. So that made our job a little easier. This day was a great testimony builder that God really answers our prayers if we pray with faith.

It has been getting really cold here. Super cold actually. We are coming up to the rainy season. So it is a refreshing change from the hot weeks we have had.

Today we went as a zone to a country club that a member owns. It was cool because we played basketball, soccer, pool, and a lot of other games. It was super fun.

Congrats Kendal on your Spanish. That is great, keep working hard and pray. Things will get better. There is a quote I read the other day, (I think it is by Elder Christofferson) that says something like "nobody is destined to fail" it is something cool to think about. We always have a chance to do well.

Kylie congrats on soccer. And I will beat you for sure. I have been practicing with latinos. and you shouldn't think about food during Fast Sunday. It is crazy but I can go a whole day with bread in the morning and rice and beans for lunch. I really don't have the desires to eat a lot anymore. But something to try out Kylie - Eat a ton of food the night before and you won't be hungry on Sunday. Try it.

Well my letter this week isn't super long. Know that everything is going well here with me. Things are tough as always but everyday there is something good to think of. And those things really make it worth it.  Thank you so much for the prayers every week. I want you to know that I see the faith in your prayers every day. Thank you so much. I love you guys and miss you guys a ton.

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor


Costa Rica Mission with Elder Christofferson

Elder Keysor and Comp at a Country Club on P-Day

Elder Keysor with Comp and Zone Leaders