Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Falling off the Bus

Hola familia,

This week has been pretty good. On Wednesday I had an interview with President. It was a check-up interview. He said that with all the new missionaries coming that he is looking for us new missionaries to be prepared. 

We are preparing to help a family get married this Wednesday. We have been teaching a couple families and they are all progressing really well. It is times like this that make the mission fun. At church this week we had 125 people at church. It was a lot for us. Plus we had 9 investigators at church. President has been really impressed with the amount of people we are getting to church. He keeps asking us what we are doing. And we really don't have a secret. I guess we are teaching the right people. We also have been playing a lot of soccer lately which has been really fun. The ticos are saying that I am getting a lot better. 

Yesterday was an interesting day for me. My comp had to go do an interview so I was on divisions with a missionary from El Salvador. It was so embarassing because I fell off the bus. I went to get off and I slipped and fell all the way to the street. The worst part was that it was a full bus and everyone started laughing at me. All my latino comp did was make jokes at me. It was so embarassing. So my arm is all sctrached up and bruised. But dont worry it is my left arm. So that is my dumb Elder Keysor story for the week.

I read a great scripture the other day that I shared with a member. It is in 1 Ne 2:1. It pretty much says that we will be blessed we tried to share the gospel whether or not the person wants to accept it. So that is cool to think that as long as we put in the effort we are going to receive the blessings.

I said that I have had some challenges. They seemed like challenges at the time, but now looking back on them, they are really dumb things that I worried about. So don´t worry mom. I am fine. If you put your confidence in the Lord, he will provide a way to overcome anything. Plus he isn´t going to put a challenge in front of you that you can´t overcome. So that is something that I try to remember everyday on the mission. 

So I just realized that I never mentioned how New Years went. It was insane!!! This place was a party all night long. We had to be in the house like normal, 9 pm. But the parties had already started. And they were loud. Outside our house were people dancing and music all night long. I surprising feel asleep fine until midnight came around. Then things went crazy. People were screaming and shooting off fireworks. The big fireworks that shoot into the sky right outside of our house.  It was insane!! I was so tired that I wanted to fall asleep but I couldn´t because it was so loud. Then I remembered that you guys sent me earplugs. So I put those in and slept like a baby. It was great.  It was a crazy night on the mission. It topped Christmas Eve for sure.

I am so jealous that Brian and Brad came over the other night. I would love some tacos. I haven´t been able to find a good taco here. Partly because tacos here are taquitos. It is really frustrating. It is great to hear that everyone is doing well. It is crazy to think that everyone is progressing in life while I am in beautiful Costa Rica for 2 years. I wouldn´t have it any other way. I absolutley love it here. The mission is great. There are so many things that happen that make it so much fun everyday. And I have only been here for a couple months. 

It sounds like everyone is doing great and getting back to school - that stinks. I honestly don´t remember Hearst Castle. I think I was too young. But it looks cool in the pictures. I miss you guys and pray for you every night. I hope the girls work hard in school. I passed the Intel plant today and made me think of Dad. That place is huge!! I will try to take a picture but it is hard on a bus. The buses are like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. It is crazy and standing up is hard. Plus the seats are so close. It wasnt made for gringos, but I love it. 

I miss you guys a lot and les amo un monton. Nos Vemos

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor

And I just remembered that this Saturday Elder Christofferson is coming to speak to all the missionaries here in Costa Rica. Pretty cool!

And I just remembered another dumb Elder Keysor moment. We are walking back to the house after a long day and we had walked a ton. My legs were tired and had a hard time walking straight. So I suddenly ran into a wall and cut part of my sleeve on the wall. It was so stupid. I made up some story that a drunk tried to cut me with a machete. It was a pretty believeable story. Our cook was able to fix the sleeve, so we are all good.

that´s all for now. ¡Adios!