Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Semana 4 - my first baptisms

Hola Familia,

So things have been good here this week.  The baptisms for Jazmin and Bismark this week went great. Bismarck had asked me to speak during the baptism. So I gave my first talk in Spanish at the baptism. It went really well. My Spanish has gotten pretty good. The baptisms were really neat. They were my first baptisms. It was such a cool experience. The next day was Sunday and we did the confirmations at Church. Jazmin accidently slept in so we had to run and wake her up for church. We barely made it in time for her confirmation. It was also neat because Bismarck also received the Priesthood yesterday. It is great to see your investigators progress through the gospel. So that was a great day. 

Our week had mainly been making sure that Bismarck and Jazmin were ready for their baptisms, but we also had a good week with other investigators. 

This week we went to go teach a recent convert family and we couldn´t find them so we were kinda mad.  I stopped at a store to get so snacks to eat.  I bought some chips and chocolate milk in a box, like a juice box. We were walking back and I was drinking my chocolate milk and it tasted funny. Usually the milk tastes funny, but this tasted really funny. But it didn´t bother me too much so I drank it all. Afterwards I looked at the juicebox to see what it was and on it it said "Breastmilk is the most nutrishous milk" I thought, "this is weird" and I looked for what type of milk it was and figured out that it was baby formula chocolate milk. It was so gross and Elder Siddoway thought it was so funny that he keepes telling everyone that I drank baby milk. 

For Thanksgiving, we went to a members house. We had soup and turkey. It was great. They don´t celebrate Thanksgiving like we do but they just have a lot of food - and rice and beans. 

On Saturday, the day of the baptism, we went to the church to fill up the font and study while we waited for it to fill up. We were studing and forgot that we left it on . We realized that it was still on because someone knocked on our door to tell us that there was water on the floor. We flooded part of the church. It took us forever to clean the church, but I learned from it.

The lessons are going great. I am getting to the point were I can say what I want and the investigators can understand me. The hardest thing for us with investigators is going to church. People work crazy hours here and never have a day off. One of our investigators works from 2 am to 12 pm everyday. So he is exhausted in the nights and has a hard time waking up for church on Sunday. Sometimes coffee is a hard thing but also the law of chastity is tough. Very few are married and nobody wants to get married. So that is tough to get them to change. Also the directions are horrible here. So most people will listen to us in the street, but they almost always give us fake addresses or fake numbers. It kills us. So we have been trying to change the ways we find new people. We have been using the members for references and having an English class at the church. Most people know some English but everyone wants to learn. Knowing English is the only way to get a good job. So we teach an English class on Friday nights for free. It is weird to teach English,  but the people like it a lot.

It is good to hear that everyone is doing well at home.  It is crazy to think that I have been here in Costa Rica for a month. I get updates on things in the world through members. Our bishop keeps me updated on sports. I can´t believe Norte Dame is in first - crazy. 

Things are great here. I enjoy being a missionary.  I am so glad that I decided to go on a mission. I have only started my mission and already have learned so much. The friendships that I have made here are great. I will have friends in two countries when I am done. 

I love you guys and miss you. Thanks for the presents. I havent gotten them yet because I havent needed to go to the Mission office.  I should be going there soon.  Kendal and Kylie,  keep working hard in school. Kendal work hard in that Spanish and Kylie in your school work too. Les amo and les extraño. Adios.

Pura Vida,
Elder Keysor




Elder Siddoway, Jasmin, Bismark, Elder K and ward mission leader