Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Costa Rica - Semana 2


Hola Familia,

Things are crazy here and there is so much to say. I want to answer all your questions but it will be tough to get everything in. So I will tell my stories and hopefully I can answer some questions as things start to settle down. 

Things are great here. I love the people and the members here are great. Our bishop is amazing and he speaks great English and I really like him. He has only been a member for a little over a year, but investigated the church for 19 years. He is amazing and has huge plans for this ward. The ward averages about 110 people every Sunday - the ward covers two areas. The sisters have one part and we have a new part.  Almost all the members are in the sister's area. The members are always willing to help us with anything. They are always feeding us and helping us with references. Our rooms started to get really cold so some of the members gave us blankets to sleep with. Mine is a Spongebob blanket and my companions is Cars. Sleeping at night is so much better now. 

The members at times have a hard time saying my name so some figured that I look like Nicholas Cage. So they call me Elder Cage as a joke. They think it is hiliarious. They also think that I'm 25 years old. It is crazy when I tell them I just turned 19. One of the families here is really far into our area, and they own a cafe. So whenever we are tired from walking we go to the cafe and they give us free drinks and food. The cafe´s specialty is seafood, it is so good. They are a really active family and have 3 kids. 

I pretty much have a ton of "Moms" here. Between the members and the sister missionaries here, I am always taken care of. It is really nice. If we need anything, we just ask and someone will help us. 

We are teaching a couple of people right now. We have one that is supposed to be baptized this Saturday, but we may move it back because we still need to teach her some things. Her name is Jazmin and is 18 yrs old. She is a single mom with a 2 yr old daughter. She really likes the church and what it teaches. She is great and her daughter loves the church too. Another investigator we have is Bismark. He just moved here a couple weeks ago from Nicaragua. He is amazing. We have just been teaching him a little bit and already he has a huge testimony. On Saturday night, the ward had a farewell for a missionary in the ward. Everyone was able to say something to the missionary before he left. Well, Bismark came with us and just jokingly I asked him if he wanted to go up and say anything. He said he did. I was shocked and thought I said something wrong in Spanish. My comp said "Yes, you said the right thing". Bismark actually wanted to say something. So he went up and said "I don´t really know you but I know God has a purpose for you in your life and this mission will help you fullfill this purpose. You will change the lives of many and you will become a fisher of men." It was so powerful and everyome was silent. Afterwards the bishop came to us and asked "Who is this guy?" and we said he is an investigator. The spirit was so strong it was crazy. We are hoping to have a bapitsmal date here soon. Besides that, we are out contacting a lot. It is a new and large area, so we have to find people to teach. So a lot of walking and contacting. 

My legs are going to be huge by the end of my mission. There is so much walking and all of it is hills.  Every night I'm am just wiped out from the day. 

There are two big soccer teams here, La leaga and Surprisa. You are a fan of one of those teams and that's it. The two teams played last night and it was so crazy. Surprisa won so people were burning La leaga jerseys in the streets -  it was crazy. 

So Halloween kinda stunk. We had to be in the house by 5 pm on Halloween for safety reasons. They don´t celebrate Halloween here, but do celebrate "El dia de la bruja" - Day of the witch. It isn´t a big holiday like the states. So we were in our house and there was a earthquake. It's been a while since I felt a earthquake. It was pretty strong.  A member brought over pizza to us because we couldn´t leave our house that night. 

Weather here is hot and wet. It is either raining super, super hard or hot and humid. I am sweating a ton. I sold my little umberella to someone here for 5 mil. and then bought myself a larger one. It was a great buy. So thats pretty much the weather. 

My area is north west from San Jose. The big area is called Alajuela. I think that is how you spell it. It is like 30 miles from San Jose. It is a really nice area compared to others. So I got really lucky to start my mission here. 

Here is my address:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

I can only get packages and mail when I go to the office or at change meetings which are every 6 weeks. Use the post office and don´t use Fedex.  With Fedex I have to sign to receive it and I wont be there for that.

So that is everything. I have to find a better way to read your letters and answer your questions. Sorry. Hopefully I will figure it out soon. Hope everything is well back home. Love you guys and talk to you next week.  Today we are going to checkout Pricemart, it is like the Costco here. 

Love,
Elder Keysor

Typical Breakfast - Beans, tortillas, chocolate milk
Elder Siddoway and Elder K
Breakfast of Champions!!!

Elder K and Elder Siddoway Halloween night - we had to stay indoors after 5 PM