Current Mailing and Email Address

Current Address:

Letters and Packages:
Elder Cameron Keysor
Misión San José Costa Rica
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica

Phone: 506 2234-1940 ( for packages only)

Emails:
cameron.keysor@myldsmail.net

Friday, October 19, 2012

Final Days in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) - Leaving for Costa Rica

Hola Mi Familia,

How's it going? I can't believe I am already going to be leaving the MTC. It seems like just yesterday when you guys dropped me off here. I like being a host for the new missionaries. I was able to host again this week. It is fun but it is also really sad to see people saying goodbye. I hate seeing the families cry, especially the moms. I have to be the "bad guy" too and tell them that they need to stop and leave their son. It is really hard to do and I hate it. Besides that this week has been great. 

Things have been crazy trying to prepare to leave. I am buying all the stuff I need and going to start packing today. Elder Pace and Elder Hampton are both on my flight. It is going to be fun and I dont think I am going to be able to sleep. Vamos a ver. The Spanish is coming along great. It isn't perfect, but it I know enough to survive in the mission. I am finishing teaching all our investigators here. I am going to send you guys pictures and one of them will be with one of my investigators. 

I met another baseball player this week. I was hosting a new missionary and someone came up to me and asked me if I played for BYU. He happened to play for UVU. His name was Elder Moon, I think. But it was cool talking to him about baseball. Also, one of my friends here at the MTC knows Travis Selland. He was talking about this great missionary he had back home and he kept saying Elder Selland. So I asked him if it was Travis and he said it was. The missionary's name is Elder Cameron Johnston. He only had great things to say about Travis and said that he was a great example of what a missionary should be like. So I thought that was cool and maybe you guys could tell the Selland family. 

So the service people here must hate me, want to humble me or just want me to do gross service. I have had to clean toilets twice and clean drains twice. In the MTC, I thought toilets was bad especially with what the food does to peoples stomaches here. But drains is by far the worst. I almost puked. We have to clean out the drains in all the showers. We have to go and scrub out all the hair and junk in the drains with a toothbrush and then pull out the rest with our hands. You wouldn't think it is that bad because Elders have to have short hair. But it is really gross. There is so much hair. I don't know where it comes from. The worst part is that you smell like moldy hair all day long. So yeah, I have had to clean poop off of toilet seats and hair out of drains. It is really gross.

It sounds like everyone is doing great at home. I am going to miss Halloween. You guys need to send me a picture of the graveyard. I see that Kendal and Kylie are doing well in school. Kendal please send me stuff in Spanish. I know it is hard but it is a great way to practice. Kylie don't kill anyone in soccer. I saw those pictures and it looks a little rough. Just have fun. By the way I didn't understand Kylie's joke. And I can't believe you didn't think my fish joke was funny. You guys are total "gringos". But the Mexican joke is great. It is one of my favorites. I got your package with the PEZ and birthday present. I love the PEZ dispenser and it is so cool that it glows in the dark. Don't worry I haven't opened the birthday present yet. I can't believe you guys watched the Katy Perry movie without me. I love that movie :-). I'm going to have to watch it when I get back from my mission. The only movies we watch during our free time are mormon messages and whatever is on lds.org. They have some good stuff. When you have time watch the Phone Call. It is a featured film on lds.org. It is amazing. It doesn't relate much to missionary work but it was a funny movie. It is everyones favorite movie here and one that every missionary needs to watch sometime in the MTC. Dad, you should show it next time you teach seminary. 

I am jealous of Chase Miller. That is going to be crazy and an amazing experience.  Elder Lewis and I were talking the other day about how lucky he is. This week we had Elder Shayne M Bowen of the 70 speak to us. He spoke in conference. He was really good and talked about the importance of planning, finding, and staying obedient. Also he talked about how the mission doesn't end after 2 years. It is a lifetime thing. It was really good. It is cool to here these people talk in person. 

I'm glad Porter reached you. I ran into him the other day. I am glad that you guys got his message. I should be fine with everything else. I am probably going to need more money after tomorrow. Just check it. I have to get a haircut later today - sorry mom, it is a requirement before I leave. I am planning on calling home in Salt Lake and again in Georgia. So heads up with that. I will send my SD card home later today. So be looking for that also. Besides that I should be good.

It is crazy to see everyone leaving. Two people from our district already left for Chile. An Elder left this week for Tempe, AZ. I gave him Nana and Tata's address. I felt like it was the right thing to do. So we will see if he actually visits them. I just hope that Nana and Tata will open the door for them because I am doing the same thing in Costa Rica. Besides that it seems like saying goodbye for school again. It is sad but everyone knows that it is for a good thing. 

Next time I talk to you guys I will be in an airport heading to Costa Rica!!!! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. But I know that I am doing the right thing and the Lord will bless me for that. I miss you guys and love you too. ADIOS!!!!

Les amo,
Elder Keysor


Some friends I have made here.  from left to right: Elder Smith (going to Tuscon, AZ) Elder Bird (going to Chile) Elder Willis (going to Nicaragua) Elder Hampton ( My Comp)  Me,  Elder Newman (going to Fort Worth, TX) Elder Johnston (going to Chile, also the one that knows Travis) Elder Brown (going to Chile, military guy who makes me work out.

My roommates.   They just left to Peru MTC. They are going to Bolivia. Elder Knight and Elder Merrill with Elder Hampton and Me.
Elder Rice ( going to Mexico, knows Brooke Hamilton), Me,  Elder Murphey (Tempe AZ gave him Nana and tata's address) and Elder Newman (Fort Worth TX) 
My district again with one of our teachers

This is our practice investigator Jorge. He is from Mexico. He really isn't an investigator. He is an "actor" so his job to to pretend to be an investigator. He is really good at his job.  We work with him over the weeks we are here in the MTC.  

 I don't know if you can tell, but this is my first attempt at sewing. The hem came out so I tried to fix it.